Our multi-disciplinary Agricultural division produces 11,000 pigs per year and farms 4,000 acres. Occupying some of the most progressive and leading edge facilities in the country, we are at the forefront of agricultural, environmental and welfare best practice.
Multi award winning staff and facilities enable us to have representatives on industry steering groups like British Pig Health Scheme and British Pig Executive, we regularly achieve winner's medals in pig management and husbandry, and annually achieve winner's medals and commendations for the quality of our arable produce.
MPP is at the forefront of agricultural and environmental research. Some examples include:
- The first covered slurry lagoon in the country
- Providing facilities for Governmental scientific research into ammonia emissions
- Working with Newcastle and Cranfield Universities to research waste separation; nitrogen reduction and soya replacement
- Partnering Bishopton Veterinary Group in researching heat re-use on farm
- Green Circle Sustainability developed
- Red Tractor Assurance scheme requires quarterly independent veterinary inspections which demand the highest animal welfare conditions.
- Managing Director Martin Barker awarded Farmers' Weekly "Pig Farmer of the Year" in 2009
- Recognition from Marks and Spencer when awarded 'Green Energy Company of the Year'.
- Awarded 'Best Stand' at the Pig and Poultry Fair 2010, acknowledging the company's development of the unique, world renowned 360 Freedom Farrowing Pen.
- MPP scooped another prestigious award when awarded joint Pig Producer of the Year 2011 at the Pig and Poultry Marketing Awards.
Our aim is to push the boundaries in arable and meat production, environmental stewardship and general countryside management